This year we have successfully achieved the Gold Schools Games Mark.
In order to achieve this we had to demonstrate:
- An increase in the number of opportunities for pupils to participate in personal challenges, inter school competitions and intra school competitions
- Targeted provisions for the least active groups within the school
- 2 hours of PE each week
- 50% of pupils participating in extracurricular activities each week
- Every young person to have the opportunity to learn to lead
- 15% of pupils leading, managing or officiating sporting activities (e.g Sports Captains/House Captains)
- Active links with at least 5 links to local clubs and pathways to sport
- Participation in at least 15 different sporting events over the academic year
- Participation of a 'B' team in at least one event
In addition to these achievements, we have also provided enhancement days in karate and kurling, given year 1&2 the chance to learn handball, provided an additional archery club and entered the 3Ts cricket for the first time. We are now looking ahead to the next academic year and welcome any suggestions for enhancement days.