Welcome To Hedgehog Class
Class teachers: Mrs Cannon and Mrs Murray
LSA: Mrs Silvey
Early Years Foundation Stage
Within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum there are 7 areas of learning.
Communication and Language, Personal, Social and Emotional Development and Physical Development.
Literacy, Mathematics, Expressive Arts and Design and Understanding the world.
At Mountnessing C of E Primary School we have developed a curriculum which supports and develops the whole child and provides a rich, broad and balanced set of learning opportunities. We place equal importance on supporting children's social and emotional development as we do on their learning.
We base our practice on four principles, these are:
- That every child is unique.
- Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
- Children need enabling environments with appropriate support from adults to build their learning.
- Children learn and develop at different rates.
We want to provide the very best start to education for every child. We believe that every child deserves to have an equal chance of success and we ensure our provision is high quality and inclusive. we ensure children's special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) are identified quickly and children receive extra help they need promptly to ensure they can progress well in their learning.
- All children to come to school in PE kit on a Friday.
- Please ensure your child has their reading wallet at school everyday - we will read regularly throughout the week.
- Book changing day will be on a Friday.
- Please bring a named water bottle to school everyday.
- Your child will need a warm coat everyday - The weather is very changeable and we are outside everyday!
Autumn 1 - Super Me
New parents welcome meeting presentation
Our Learning Journey