Year 1/2 Teacher:
Learning Support Assistants:
We might not be in school, at the moment, but you still need to complete work on a daily basis.
Please send me pictures, emails, letters and videos of your learning. Check our page daily to see what your friends have been up to.
Chestnut Remote Learning for School Closure
- Reading for at least 20 minutes.
- Number bonds practice (bonds to 10, 20 and 100)
- Times tables practice (year 2 2,3,5 and 10 times tables)
- Some physical activity.
- Daily phonic practice. Use https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/teachers-area/classroom-toolkit/digital-flashcards or https://www.twinkl.co.uk/go/interactive-activities
- Practice reading and spelling year1/2 common exception words (see attached document below)
- Complete activities from the activity sheet.
- Remember to work towards the Whole School Reading Challenge (see document below)
If you need any support, advice or feedback on work your child/children have completed please contact me, during the day, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whole Class Reading Challenge
Please use the sub pages below to find supporting documents, activities, photo's and videos for each week.
Please remember you can contact me on email@example.com.
Mrs Foster x
Common Exception Words Year 1 and 2
Please write a letter or a postcard or draw a picture to someone in a care home.
At the moment they are not allowed visitors and some elderly people are feeling lonely and cut off from the outside world. They would love something through the post that they could read and share in the care or nursing homes. Ask an adult to help you address the envelope to (a place close to Mrs Johnson's heart):
Brentwood Care Centre